EPISKOPI SERVICE COMMITTEE
OUR COMMITTEE IS BASED IN AYIOS NIKOLAOS AND IS MADE UP OF VOLUNTEERS FROM THE STATION. WE OPERATE OUTSIDE THE CHAIN OF COMMAND AND ACTIVELY FUNDRAISE TO SUPPORT
- Serving Personnel
- Community prohects
- Service families
- Community Volunteer expenses
- Regular meetings are held bi-monthly.
- Supplementary meeting are held to organise fundraising events.
CO's May March:
- We held a Families Day in Happy Valley.
- There were lots of stalls, face painting, bouncy castles, quad bikes, water balls, Bratwurst Wagon etc.
ARE YOU FUNDRAISING?
The Episkopi Service Committee is really grateful that you have decided to raise money for SSAFA. Your efforts and monies raised will make a real and tangible difference to our Armed Forces Community in Cyprus.
The SSAFA Service Committees in Cyprus
- Provide assistance and support to serving men and women and their families to relieve need, suffering and distress
- Raise money to support the work of Community Volunteers
- Contribute funding to community projects
- Publicise how SSAFA can help the local community
Please let us know about the event you are planning and whether you require any help with publicising or organising this by contacting our fundraising officer at:
Please pay the funds you raise, to be used for the benefit of the forces community on Episkopi into: SSAFA INSERVICE (Vol) or contact the Service Committee treasurer at: email@example.com.
If you would like more information about fundraising for SSAFA, a Fundraising Survival Pack is available from www.ssafa.org.uk or click here.
WHO DO WE HELP?
In the past we have supported
- The purchase of picnic tables for use by the Single Service Personnel
- The local Scout Group
- We have, with the support of the welfare agencies, discretely helped many families in times of hardship and family illnesses/ bereavements.
Click here for an application form.
Criteria for funding
If the funding is to purchase a piece of equipment, 3 quotes will need to be provided.
Once the form has been submitted, the application will discussed by the committee at the next meeting.
The committee decides on the grant by vote [votes on the application and the amount been requested,] but may not be the amount the committee votes to give. If the application is approved the funds can be made available within the week.
In some cases the committee might require more information; this must be received within four weeks.
Examples of funding applications include
- Emergency crèche places
- Purchase equipment for clubs and groups
Tips of filling in the forms
- Explicit explanations of the requirements of the bid, include how this funding will benefit the community in as wide a sense as possible.
- Show how you have tried to fundraise yourself and where else you have sought assistance.
Time frame for funding bids
- Bids will be considered at the next In-Service committee meeting.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
If you wish to become a committee member please email the Chair to arrange a meeting.