SSAFA BRANCH PROVIDES ASSISTANCE TO THOSE EX-SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN WHO LIVE IN OR ARE VISITING CYPRUS, IN ORDER TO RELIEVE NEED, SUFFERING OR DISTRESS. THIS INCLUDES MANY CYPRIOTS WHO HAVE SERVED IN THE UK ARMED FORCES. ALSO IN CERTAIN CASES, BRANCH WILL WORK WITH THE IN-SERVICE TEAMS TO GIVE ASSISTANCE TO SERVING PERSONNEL AND THEIR FAMILIES.
CONTACT REQUESTING SUPPORT FROM BRANCH
As one of the UK's leading Armed Forces charities, we support around 50,000 people each year. It makes no difference to us whether you've been part of the Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force; or whether you've been serving at home, overseas, or are in an operational theatre environment. We are here to provide help and support for you and your families .
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUBMIT A REQUEST TO BRANCH?
- Initial enquiries and requests are dealt with by the Branch Secretary
- The secretary will allocate a case worker to interview you at home (or an alternative appropriate location)
- Your case worker will work with the Branch Secretary and if your need is financial, the details of your case will be passed to the relevant charity.
- The secretary will monitor your case, liaising with the charity and your case worker.
- If charitable assistance is available, your caseworker will inform you and the payment will be authorised.
- Any payments might be made directly or might be via the Caseworker, depending on the wishes of the charity.
- This is usually in the form of a one-off grant but some clients might qualify for annuities.
In such cases regular updates will take place.
VOLUNTEERING FOR SSAFA BRANCH
Volunteers provide friendly support and advice to those who used to serve in the Armed Forces and their families.
WHAT DOES BEING A SSAFA VOLUNTEER INVOLVE?
As a volunteer you can work as a Caseworker, Visitor or Helper.
As well as the particular duties of your role, you will also be required to:
- Attend the AGM, Branch meetings and Study Days
- Alert the Branch Secretary if you identify specific needs
- Support Branch’s fundraising activities
- Promote SSAFA in the local area to ensure eligible persons are aware of the assistance available
For more information on becoming a Branch Volunteer, please contact the Branch Secretary.
Get in touch with: Tina Graham - Branch Chair
Kathy Lawson - Branch Secretary
Tel +357 2596 3647
Office Room 108, 1st Floor, E Block, Episkopi
(above the Library)