AYIOS NIKOLAOS SERVICE COMMITTEE
OUR COMMITTEE IS BASED IN AYIOS NIKOLAOS AND IS MADE UP OF VOLUNTEERS FROM THE STATION. WE OPERATE OUTSIDE THE CHAIN OF COMMAND AND ACTIVELY FUNDRAISE TO SUPPORT
- Serving Personnel
- Community prohects
- Service families
- Community Volunteer expenses
- Regular meetings are held bi-monthly.
- Supplementary meeting are held to organise fundraising events.
- SSAFA Fundraising Week.
- COs May Marche.
- Our small community were treated to a small event outside Ermes
- We held a successful 'Ay Nik's Got Talent' evening
THE SSAFA PLAYHOUSE
We run the SSAFA Playhouse in Ayios Nikolaos. This a great area for kids to play in and has WiFi and a TV for Mums and Dads while their children run around the Playhouse in a clean and safe environment.
- Our next project is the Children's Play Area.
Funding applications forms can be obtained from:
- The Service Committee Chair
Tips of filling in the forms:
- Explicit explanations of the requirements of the bid, include how this funding will benefit the community in as wide a sense as possible.
- Show how you have tried to fundraise yourself and where else you have sought assistance.
- Provide 3 quotes, where possible local quotations.
- Show how equipment will be maintained to show longevity.
Time frame for funding bids:
- Bids will be considered at the next Service committee meeting.
- Urgent bids can be considered sooner if required.
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
Help your community while developing new skills that will benefit you on your return to UK.
Become a committee member:
- SSAFA will support you with on-going training.
- Contact your present local Service Committee Chair.
- If one of these roles is not for you, why not become a SSAFA volunteer to help with fundraising.
Ayios Nikolaos Service Committee Chair