SSAFA HAS A NUMBER OF COMMUNITY CHILDREN'S NURSES ACROSS CYPRUS.
WHO WE ARE
The Community Children’s Nurses (CCNs) are UK trained and qualified children’s nurses who are registered with the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council and work within the Medical Centres at Akrotiri, Episkopi and Dhekelia (also covering Ayios Nikolaos and UN Nicosia) in liaison with the GPs, Practice Nurses and other Health Professionals.
WHAT WE DO
- Reduce hospital admission time by the provision of a skilled, paediatric nursing service within the community.
- Assist and support parents and young people with the management of health needs within their home.
- Support for children admitted to hospital, including advice once discharged home.
WHO WE SUPPORT
All families aged 0-19 years and their families who are entitled to receive health care provision within British Forces Cyprus.
OUR SPECIALIST SERVICES INCLUDE
- Supporting families whose children are admitted to hospital
- Preparation for planned surgery
- Asthma inhaler technique
- Allergies and epipen training
- Febrile convulsions
- Urine infections
- Dressings and wound care
- Behavioural difficulties
- Additional needs and chronic conditions
- Health promotion and prevention
- Parent support groups
- Support for aeromedical appointments
- Support for aeromedical transfers to UK
We can be contacted via your local Medical Centre.