PUBLIC HEALTH RESPONSIBILITIES
- SSAFA works to ensure that BFC and national public health priorities are met.
- SSAFA in Cyprus has implemented a thorough safeguarding children plan. The health professionals work together to identify children in need and they collaborate with other organisations on the island to ensure the support of vulnerable children and families.
- The SSAFA Health Visitors and the Primary Health Care Team work to ensure the maximum uptake of child immunisations.
- SSAFA has a thorough health promotion plan. The professional staff provide health promotion clinics, including child health and smoking cessation clinics.
- SSAFA follows policies, procedures and guidelines which are in line with UK best practice. These are agreed with the other agencies on the island.
- SSAFA participates in BFC wide forums to contribute to the further development of public health.
- SSAFA liaises with other Primary Health Care Team members to share ideas, identify areas for joint working, and disseminate good practice.
QUALITY CONTROL & CLINICAL GOVERNANCE
- Continually work to monitor and improve the quality of care.
- Work with BFC on multidisciplinary audit or care standards and services.
- Implement resulting action plans.
- Carry out multidisciplinary decision-making to overcome or minimise risks, in accordance with the SSAFA FH/Command Incident Reporting Policy
- Conduct Clinical Supervision.
- Ensure continuing assessment of vulnerable children and their families.
- Obtain user feedback to continually improve services .
Your details are subject to the SSAFA Confidentiality Undertaking and the date Protection Act 1998. The confidentiality of information relating to patients, clients, staff and other users of the services will be maintained. No information will be passed to any third party without your consent.